Country market statements are prepared by member states as background for FORESTA 2023: Joint session of the ECE Committee on Forests and the Forest Industry and the FAO European Forestry Commission. Information from the country market statements also feeds into the market statement, which is an Annex to the meeting report of the joint session. The country market statements address the following subjects:
- General economic trends affecting the forest and forest industries sector (brief description)
- Policy measures taken by member States over the past 18 months, which might have a bearing on trade and markets of forest products or forest management. These would include:
- Raw material supply security;
- Wood in construction;
- Biotic and abiotic disturbances of forests, their impacts on forest products markets and trade and current and planned policy measures taken by your country to mitigate economic and ecologic impacts;
- Forests and the forest-based industries in a circular bioeconomy;
- Renewable energy policies and their impacts on forest products markets.
3. Market drivers – including construction trends, currency exchange rate fluctuations, export restrictions for unprocessed wood, extra-regional consumption of forest products, targeted incentives for green building and renewable energy. How these market drivers are affecting the market for forest products in member States.
4. Developments in forest products markets sectors.
5. Gender and human rights issues related to the forest market sector
6. Tables on economic indicators and forest products production and trade in 2022, 2023 and 2024.
2023 UNECE Region Market Statements
Following the annual COFFI Market Discussions, the COFFI issues a statement summarizing developments in the current year and forecasts for the next year.
Country Market Statements
Member States were encouraged to submit Country Market Statements in electronic format. The following Market Statements were received and are set out below without any changes or editing. Other member States wishing to be added to the list are invited to send their texts to the secretariat at the contact address on the left.
|Netherlands (updated 15 November 2023)|
Please note that the forecast tables are not necessarily part of the statement. The forecast data can be found here (current year forecasts will be available after the Committee meeting).