The second interactive event in our MIPAA+20 webinar series focused on the synergies between MIPAA and related international initiatives in the field of ageing. It provided the opportunity for exchange with the experts who lead the work on the UN Decade of Healthy Ageing, the Global Campaign to Combat Ageism and the follow-up to the Secretary-General's Policy Brief on the impact of COVID-19 on Older Persons and drew connections between.
Presentations reviewed questions included in the UNECE guidelines for national reports for the 4th review and appraisal cycle of the implementation of MIPAA/RIS that invite UNECE member States to report on contributions to related international initiatives, including:
- Activities related to the UN Decade of Healthy Ageing 2021-2030
- Participation in the Global Campaign to Combat Ageism
- Contribution of ageing-related policies to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Lessons learnt from managing the consequences and impacts of COVID-19
Resources for policy mapping:
- Mapping of connections between Sustainable Development Goals, UN Decade Action areas, Lisbon Ministerial Declaration Goals and MIPAA/RIS commitments (PDF prepared by WHO).
- Mapping of connections between the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and relevant Sustainable Development Goals, the 2017 Lisbon Ministerial Declaration on Ageing and the UNECE Regional Implementation Strategy for the Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing: Areas for Policy Integration (PDF prepared by UNECE).
English-Russian interpretation was offered by the UNFPA Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia to facilitate participation in the event.
For more information on the MIPAA review and appraisal cycle, visit: https://unece.org/population/ageing/MIPAA20