Realizing a just and successful circular economy transition requires engaging a multitude of stakeholders at the nexus of several area of expertise, including digitalization, agriculture, business management, governance and policy, innovation, and finance.
This fall, UNECE in collaboration with the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the Republic of Serbia will organize the first in-person Regional Policy Dialogue in the framework of Stakeholder Engagement Platform Circular STEP. This meeting is organized under the UNDA-funded project “Accelerating transition towards Circular Economy in UNECE region” and it will launch analytical studies developed under the project and will kick-start implementation of policy recommendations from these studies.
The Regional Policy Dialogue will facilitate the sharing of good practices, experiences and lessons learned in order to close knowledge gaps between advanced and less advanced countries and leaving no one behind.
Topics to be covered during the meeting:
- Accelerating Circular Economy Through Digital Solutions
- Accelerating Circular Economy in the Agri-Food Sector
- Stimulating Circular Business Models
- Accelerating Circular Economy Through Innovations
- Accelerating Circular Economy with Traceability Solutions
- Mobilizing Financing for Accelerating Circular Economy
- The future of circular economy in UNECE region: horizon-scanning for a sustainable and equitable future
Meeting agenda is available here. The meeting will take place at the hotel Zira in Belgrade, Serbia.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Register to attend the Circular STEP Regional Policy Dialogue in Belgrade, Serbia (18-19 October 2023)
Apply to join the Circular STEP Stakeholder Engagement Platform by filling in the Membership Questionnaire (membership is subject to approval)