All the emission pathways in the IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C will require the removal of large volumes of CO2 from the atmosphere using Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) to achieve net-zero emissions.
A high-level virtual dialogue on Carbon Dioxide Removal will feature the Executive Secretaries of all five UN Regional Commissions to discuss how UN Regional Commissions can address knowledge and governance gaps in CDR to support the implementation of the SDGs.
- Why is it urgent for countries in the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe region to achieve net zero and prepare to go net negative?
- What has the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe been doing to support the development of Carbon Dioxide Removal?
The event will be broadcast on 24 September 2021 at 13:00 CEST (Geneva) in following languages:
- English https://youtu.be/h27VKJZ1MnU
- French https://youtu.be/ZlFYYio50hI
- Chinese (Mandarin) https://youtu.be/UFndZTpxeZM
- Spanish https://youtu.be/kOdbt35bdWY
Note: the corresponding access details will be made available on the High-level Dialogue on Energy website.