Language: English with simultaneous translation into Russian
Time: 10–11.30 a.m. (Geneva time)
The workshop was organized by UNECE in cooperation with the city governments of Grodno (Belarus), Nur-Sultan (Kazakhstan) and Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan) and the Ministry of Architecture and Construction of Belarus. This event is a part of the UNDA Project “Smart Sustainable Cities for the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and the New Urban Agenda in the UNECE Region” and is aimed at building capacities of local and national governments to produce evidence to feed into the evidence-based policy making process at all levels.
Participants of the workshop were presented with the UNECE approach to the development of Sustainable Smart Cities Profiles and how the cooperation process with the national and local governments is organized on this matter. They were also invited to provide their input to the online Survey about their city. The Survey is aimed to provide context about the cities for the Sustainable Smart City Profiles so that they:
- demonstrate the diversity of efforts to implement the 2030 Agenda and measuring sustainable development goals at the local level
- present and contextualize the outcomes of the verification of the cities performance against the Key Performance Indicators for Smart and Sustainable Cities (KPI4SSC)
- support evidence-based policy-making, including the development, review and implementation of sectoral and integrated urban development policies; development of projects and partnerships.
38 representatives from national and local governments from Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan attended the online workshop.
Agenda of the workshop:
10:00 – 10:15 Opening:
- Ms. Gulnara Roll - Secretary to the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- Ms. Alena Rakava - Consultant of the Foreign Economic Activity Department of the Ministry of Architecture and Construction of the Republic of Belarus (coordinator for cooperation with UNECE) – Minsk, Belarus
- Mr. Askar Taksimov - Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors of “Astana Innovations”, Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Mr. Tolobai Keneshov – Head of the Department of Urban Development of the Kyrgyz State University of Architecture and Construction. Advisor to Mayor of Bishkek on Urban development. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
10:15 – 11:00 Presentation of Sustainable Smart City Profile and Survey – Ms. Agata Krause, UNECE Consultant, Expert on Data Collection Urban Development
11:00 – 11:20 Q&A Session
11:20 – 11:30 Wrap up and mapping of next steps for cooperation on the project - Ms. Nadiia Yeremneko – UNECE Consultant, Project Coordinator