The UNECE Real Estate Market Advisory Group is a team of specialists, which assists the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management and the Working Party on Land Administration to develop stronger housing real estate markets.
The activities of the Advisory Group address the following topics:
- Energy-efficient housing
- Fire safety
- Affordable and social housing, and real estate economics (including sharing economy)
- Housing finance (including transparent and advanced financial products for housing)
- Management of multi-apartment buildings
- Property valuation and registration
- Smart and sustainable urban development
- Land markets and land administration.
The activities of REM are based on cooperation and exchange of experience among experts of UNECE member States. This is done through:
- Seminars, conferences and workshops organized in member States
- Publication of studies and guidelines on specific housing and real estate and urban development topics
- Provision of policy advice and expert assistance
- Contribution to the works and studies of the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management and the Working Party on Land Administration.
The Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management, at its 83rd session (3-6 October 2022), updated the title of the advisory group to Real Estate Market Advisory Group for Sustainable, Climate-Neutral and Energy-Efficient Buildings and Cities (ECE/HBP/213). The extension of the mandate of REM under its new name, Terms of Reference and Programme of Work for 2023-2024 were endorsed by the Committee at its 83rd session. The UNECE Executive Committee, at its 126th meeting on 13 January 2023 (ECE/EX/2023/L.3), approved the updated title of REM and adopted its Terms of Reference and Pogramme of Work for 2023-2024.
The Advisory Group's new mandate, Terms of Reference and Programme of Work for 2023-2024 are available here (please see below).
- Terms of Reference
- Programme of work
- Meeting reports