The UNECE Real Estate Market Advisory Group is a team of specialists, which assists the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management and the Working Party on Land Administration to develop stronger housing real estate markets.
The activities of the Advisory Group address the following topics:
- Energy-efficient housing
- Fire safety
- Affordable and social housing, and real estate economics (including sharing economy)
- Housing finance (including transparent and advanced financial products for housing)
- Management of multi-apartment buildings
- Property valuation and registration
- Smart and sustainable urban development
- Land markets and land administration.
The activities of REM are based on cooperation and exchange of experience among experts of UNECE member States. This is done through:
- Seminars, conferences and workshops organized in member States
- Publication of studies and guidelines on specific housing and real estate and urban development topics
- Provision of policy advice and expert assistance
- Contribution to the works and studies of the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management and the Working Party on Land Administration.
The Advisory Board Terms of Reference for 2023-2024 was endorsed by the eighty-third session of the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management in October 2022 and is available here (please see below).
Advisory Group members
- Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference of the Real Estate Market Advisory Group for Sustainable, Climate-Neutral and Energy-Efficient Buildings and Cities for 2023-2024 (English only)
- Programme of work
Programme of work of the Real Estate Market Advisory Group for 2023-2024 (English only)
- Meeting reports
Sharing Economy and its Effects on Housing Markets (2022)
Policy Framework for Sustainable Real Estate Markets (2019)
Policy Framework for Sustainable Real Estate Markets (2010)