The Contracting Parties to the TIR Convention launched in 2003 the so-called “eTIR Project”, aimed at providing an exchange platform for all actors (Customs authorities, holders and guarantee chains) involved in the TIR system, known as the “eTIR international system”. The eTIR international system aims to ensure the secure exchange of data between national Customs systems related to the international transit of goods, vehicles or containers according to the provisions of the TIR Convention and to allow Customs to manage the data on guarantees, issued by guarantee chains to holders authorized to use the TIR system.
- Implementation of the eTIR International System in the ESCWA region (December 2020)
- International trade and transport facilitation through digitalisation of TIR procedures (Baku, 5 September 2018) (July 2018)
- eTIR: Towards Paperless Cross-border Trade (July 2016
- A new protocol for the Georgia-Turkey eTIR Pilot Project (January 2016)
- TIR at the seventh UNESCAP Asia-Pacific trade facilitation forum (October 2015)
- TIR and eTIR in the ESCAP region (October 2014)