As part of the 2022 OECD Forum on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Sector, UNECE is organizing a side event on the 22/02 of February from 14:00 to 15:15 CET.
This session will demonstrate how advanced technologies, like blockchain, can enable risk-based due diligence and responsible business models in this industry. It will showcase end-to-end traceability in support of reliable product claims, from origin, to living wages, to climate risk mitigation and adaptation.
Together, experts will focus on opportunities to scale-up impactful solutions, while ensuring market access for small-holders and SMEs in developing economies.
This side session is organized in connection with the ITC-UNECE joint initiative for Enhancing Transparency and Traceability of Sustainable Value Chains in Garment and Footwear, implemented support of the European Union.
The programme at a glance:
- Elisabeth Tuerk, Director, Economic Cooperation and Trade Division, UNECE
- Ilkhom Khaydarov, Chairman, UzTextileProm, Uzbekistan
- Giorgio Ravasio, Vivienne Westwood, Country Manager, Italy
- Benjamin Fuchs, Chairman, WEBA Weberei Appenzell AG
- Ingrid Zabaleta, Regional Executive Assistant +Cotton Project, South-South Cooperation, FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Gediminas Mikutis, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Haelixa
- Cedric Brunner, Head of Stakeholder and Innovation Management, Oeko-Tex