The Electronic Permit Information eXchange (EPIX) Task Force of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Fauna and Flora (CITES) was established by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in collaboration with the CITES Secretariat.
The aim of the Task Force is to support interested Management Authorities (MAs) and other relevant national stakeholders of CITES Parties in initiating and carrying out pilot-based and/or live electronic exchanges of CITES permits among them, which may contribute to the prevention of fraudulent use of CITES permits, facilitate legal trade and improve CITES annual report preparation and submission. The activities of the Task Force shall initially focus on electronic exchange of CITES Permits between and among MAs of CITES parties from the UNECE and/or ESCAP members.
- Welcome of participants, especially newcomers from China and Singapore MAs and the ASEAN Single Window team
- Adoption of the agenda
- Adoption of the minutes of the last meeting on 6 July 2022
- Chair’s updates on the development of the Swiss EPIX Module
- Briefing on the Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum 2022
- Updates on the UNCTAD ASYCUDA-based solution pilots
- Updates on the relevant activities
- CITES Secretariat
- Participating Management Authorities
- AOB & Next meeting
Participation to the meetings of EPIX Task Force is limited to the participating CITES MAs. If you are a representative of a CITES MA and interested to participate and contribute in these meetings, please reach out to [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected].