For your attention: The present virtual consultation meeting is held with the purpose to discuss certain items from the provisional agenda prepared for the 15th meeting of the UNECE Steering Committee on ESD (ECE/CEP/AC.13/2020/1, provided under agenda item 1 at www.unece.org/index.php) in view to achieve progress ahead of the postponed 15th meeting, which will be held on 19-20 (am) October 2020 in the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
The Committee is expected to discuss:
• Election of officers.
• Implementation of the UNECE Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development:
(a) Summary outcomes of the progress report on the fourth phase of implementation;
(b) Regional framework of cooperation for sustainable development: Regional Forum on Sustainable Development.
• Status of the trust fund and resource requirements.
• Preparations for the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe High-level Meeting of Education and Environment Ministries in 2021:
(a) Organizational issues for the Ninth Environment for Europe Ministerial Conference;
(b) Host country preparations;
(c) Official documents for consideration at the High-level Meeting of Education and Environment Ministries;
(d) Resource requirements.
• Outcomes of the two meetings and of the subsequent work of the ad hoc group for strategic planning.
• Outcomes of the first meeting and of the subsequent work of the ad hoc group on youth.
• Outcomes of the three meetings and of the subsequent work of the ad hoc group on indicators.
• Publications on education for sustainable development from the Economic Commission for Europe region, and other current issues according the proposed agenda (see the agenda uploaded on the meeting’s page below), and other current issues requiring attention.