The Special Envoy travelled to New York on 20 – 21 August 2020, where he held bilateral meetings with UN senior officials and Member States’ representatives to the United Nations.
During his meetings, the Special Envoy shared updates on activities and upcoming priorities, including the UN General Assembly Resolution on improving global road safety, expected to be adopted later in the following weeks.
The Special Envoy held in-person and virtual meetings with the following officials while in New York:
• UN Deputy Secretary-General, Ms. Amina Mohammed;
• UN-DESA Under Secretary-General, Mr. Liu Zhenmin;
• Ambassador of the Russian Federation, H.E. Mr. Nebenzia Vassily Alekseevich;
• Ambassador of Oman, H.E. Dr. Mohamed Al-Hassan;
• Ambassador of Italy, H.E. Ms. Mariangela Zappia;
• US Acting ECOSOC Representative, Ms. Courtney Nemroff;
• Director of Sustainable Development Unit at the Executive Office of the UN Secretary-General, Ms. Michelle Gyles-McDonnough;
• Spokesman for the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Stephane Dujarric.