The Seventh meeting of the UNECE Steering Committee on ESD will take place from 1 to 2 March 2012 in Geneva, Palais des Nations, room 7 (3rd floor, closest door A13; please also see map of Palais des Nations). Back to back to the Steering Committee meeting, a stakeholder coordination meeting as well as a Bureau meeting are going to be held.
The Steering Committee meeting is expected to focus on:
- progress made in implementing education for sustainable development (ESD) since the sixth meeting;
- activities to be implemented in 2012 and beyond;
- the role of technical-vocational education in greening the economy;
- the promotion of educator competences for ESD;
- ESD school plans as an implementation tool for putting ESD into practise; and
- how to continue promoting ESD within the international sustainable development process.