In co-operation with the UNECE Working Party on Land Administration, the State Geodetic Administration of the Republic of Croatia organized an international workshop in Cavtat, Croatia. The topic of the workshop was: Influence of Land Administration on People and Business.
As you may know, the Republic of Croatia is undertaking the reform of the real property registration system, which includes the reform of the Cadastre and the reform of Land Registries. The reform has deep impacts on the people and business, and we may say on society in general.
In the same period of time, a lot of countries from the UNECE region are going through the same transition in their registration systems. It is very well known that the reform of the registration system has many risks and threats in each country, and that the reform must be viewed from the perspective of those who will benefit from it.
The program of the workshop aimed at presenting the Influence of Land Administration on People and Business.
The main issue of the workshop was to discuss the following:
- security of land tenure through an efficient registration system and the influence of that security on the development of the society
- security in legal real property transactions and the way they influence business
- raising public awareness in relation to the registration system and raising public trust in State institutions
- the ways in which business can co-operate with institutions responsible for registration
- the ways in which users of the registration system can co-operate with institutions responsible for registration