Copyright © United Nations, 2023 All rights reserved
At its tenth session (11 December 2020), the Committee adopted a set of amendments to the seventh revised edition of the Manual, which were circulated as document ST/SG/AC.10/48/Add.2 and published as ST/SG/AC.10/11/Rev.7/Amend.1. At its eleventh session (9 December 2022), the Committee adopted a new set of amendments to the seventh revised edition of the Manual, which were circulated as document ST/SG/AC.10/50/Add.2. This eighth revised edition takes account of these two sets of amendments. The new amendments adopted in 2022 include:
- The addition of organic peroxides and polymerizing substances to the list of substances which should not be tested in the self-heating test, to avoid false positives;
- A recommendation to use close-cup tests over open-cup tests for determining flash points;
- New provisions for the testing of sodium-ion batteries;
- Amendments to the classification of desensitized explosives according to the Globally Harmonized System;
- Other clarifications and corrections.
You will find below the electronic versions of this publication, available for free for consultation purposes in the six UN official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish). The files are published on this page as soon as they become available for each linguistic version. To obtain an unprotected e-copy or a hard copy of the official publication, please contact the UN publications service.