|At its fourth session (12 December 2008), the Committee of Experts adopted a set of amendments to the second revised edition of the GHS, which were consolidated in document ST/SG/AC.10/36/Add.3. The third revised edition of the GHS (GHS Rev.3), published in July 2009, takes into account all these amendments which concern, inter alia:
- new provisions for the allocation of hazard statements;
- new provisions for the labelling of small packagings;
- two new sub-categories for respiratory and skin sensitization;
- the revision of the classification criteria for long-term hazards (chronic toxicity) to the aquatic environment; and
- a new hazard class for substances and mixtures hazardous to the ozone layer.
|ST/SG/AC.10/36/Add.3 - Amendments to the second revised edition of the GHS