The main goal of the Issue-based Coalition is to ensure a coordinated UN system approach to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in Europe and Central Asia. It aims to strengthen regional engagement to promote gender equality, provide more coherent and timely programming and policy guidance and technical support and improve coordination, communication as well as information sharing on key lessons and good practices.
Chairs: UN Women and UNFPA
Members: FAO, ILO, IOM, OHCHR, UNDP, UNECE, UN Environment, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNICEF, UNDRR, UN Women, WFP, WHO
Focus areas: Promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment in Europe and Central Asia
- Webinars: The Issue-based coalition organizes webinars on a variety of topics, including “The Guidance Note on Gender and SDG Implementation: messages, structure and user tips”, “Leaving no one behind”, “The impact of SDGs on addressing gender inequality and child rights throughout the lifecycle”
- Regional Forum on Sustainable Development: The Issue-based Coalition organized a side event at the Regional Forum.
- Supporting MAPS missions: The Issue-based Coalition has developed a gender checklist for MAPS missions.
- Gender equality and the COVID-19 outbreak: Key messages and advocacy points from the Europe and Central Asia Regional Issue-Based Coalition on Gender
- SDGs and Gender Equality: UN Interagency Guidance Note for the Europe and Central Asia Region
- Desk Review of 18 UNDAFs in Europe and Central Asia: Application of Twin-Track Approach to Gender in UNDAFs and CCAs to promote Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women
For further information, please see the 2018 work plan and the terms of reference.