As decided at the 2022 Meeting of the UN/LOCODE Advisory Group, the next ad-hoc Meeting of the UN/LOCODE Maintenance Policy should be held before the UN/LOCODE Advisory Group Meeting in order to submit recommendations to the Advisory Group for approval based on discussion at the ad-hoc meeting.
The ad-hoc Meeting of the UN/LOCODE Maintenance Policy will focus on:
- Addressing maintenance issues raised by the UN/LOCODE Maintenance Team such as:
- Special Economic Zone (Function A)
- Transport fees consideration
- Duplicated entries for the same location
- Discussing important issues raised by the secretariat:
- The use of UN/LOCODE to support sustainable
- Location names spelt in multiple languages
- How to identify sublocations at ports
- Reaching agreements and concluding recommendations to the UN/LOCODE Advisory Group.
The meeting is open to all members of the UN/LOCODE Maintenance Team, interested users and experts. Please register here.
The UN/LOCODE Maintenance Team is working on finalizing a working document that covers all maintenance issues to be discussed and draft proposed recommendations. The working document will be finalized via online discussion.
For further information, please contact [email protected].