Team of Specialists on Environmental, Social and Governance Traceability of Sustainable Value Chains in the Circular Economy - Third Session
The aim of the Team is to promote, facilitate and support policy and regulatory compliance, through ESG traceability approaches in critical sectors (including garment and footwear, agrifood, critical raw materials, waste management) for the digital and the green transformations and the circular economy transition.
The 3rd session will feature a dialogue on the importance to foster international collaboration along global value chains, build synergies and alignment on the instruments available to support compliance in the ECE region and beyond, in a fast-changing policy and regulatory landscape for sustainability.
Questions for discussion
The following are the guiding questions:
- Where is global collaboration needed to achieve transparency and traceability at greatly increased scale and which opportunities exist to create it?
- What will be the role of the Team of Specialists to support ESG traceability in supporting this collaboration and what are the priority focus areas for the Team?
Timetable and Presentation
- Item 1: Opening & Keynotes: Drivers and challenges for scaling up of traceability (10:00-10:30)
- Item 2: Needs for the future of ESG traceability (10:30-12:00)
UNECE Recommendation No. 49 Transparency at Scale: ToR-v0.8
ECE/TRADE/C/CEFACT/2023/20 - United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business Solutions in Support of Digital Product Passports
- Lunch break (12:00-14:00)
- Item 3: Defining the challenges of ESG traceability (14:00-15:15)
- Item 4: Discussion of the Programme of Work (15:15-15:45)
ECE/TRADE/C/CEFACT/2023/17 - ECE Policy Paper on Accelerating the Transition Towards a Circular Economy in the ECE Region: Improving the Traceability of Products along International Value Chains
ECE/TRADE/C/CEFACT/2023/18 - Economic Commission for Europe and Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean Study: Improving the Sustainability of Used Clothing: Global, European and Chilean Perspectives: Executive Summary
ECE/TRADE/C/CEFACT/2023/19 - Updated Report on the Blockchain Pilots Project for the Garment and Footwear Sector: Proof of Concept Report: Harnessing the potential of blockchain technology for due diligence and sustainability in textile and leather value chains
Product Circularity Data Use Case Public Draft - BRS extension
- Item 5: Adoption of decisions of the Third Session (15:45-16:00)