Contact person: Ms. Vania Etropolska
- Provide direction to the CES work on poverty and inequality statistics, advance methodological development, capacity building and collaboration between users and producers of poverty and inequality statistics, and provide a mechanism for following up on the implementation of the CES guidance;
- Take forward methodological work on measuring poverty and inequality, and set priorities in this area taking into account the challenges in producing indicators for monitoring of the 2030 Agenda;
- Follow up on the implementation of the CES Guide on Poverty Measurement and the progress of countries in measuring poverty and inequalities;
- Organize the UNECE expert meetings on measuring poverty and inequality; elaborate proposals for topics and solicit session organizers and discussants; and
- Advise the UNECE Secretariat on the planning of capacity building activities in the area of poverty and inequality statistics to support the statistical systems in the countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia.
Terms of reference (February 2017)