We help coordinate the Expert Group on the Measuring Quality of Employment, which focuses on developing methodology and identifying good practices for measuring quality of employment from the employed person's perspective. The Expert Group prepared the Handbook on Measuring Quality of Employment, A Statistical Framework, which was released in the fall of 2015 and provides a theoretical framework and detailed practical guidance for countries that wish to produce statistics on measuring quality of employment.
We continue to lead work in this area through the Steering Group on Measuring Quality of Employment, which follows up on the implementation of the framework and ensures that it is kept up to date in light of revisions to ILO standards, additional country experiences and emerging issues.
Network of experts
Labour statistics in the UNECE Statistical Database
- Handbook on Measuring Quality of Employment, A Statistical Framework (2.5 MB) (2015)
- Measuring Quality of Employment (3.1 MB) (2010)
- Measuring Quality of Employment - Country Pilot Reports
- Measurement of decent work (International Labour Organization, 2008)
- European Commission's Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
- OECD's How's Life? Series