Faced with the urgency of reducing the carbon footprint of the building sector, constructing with more wood will require systematic cross-sectoral thinking and strengthened knowledge and innovation, capacities and even legislative or financial incentives.
Building with wood requires innovative solutions to overcome the technical challenges. But there are almost no limits to wood as a construction material. We at UNECE support well informed decision making in using wood as a leading nature-based solutions for low carbon or neutral carbon construction.
- UNECE/FAO impulse lab “Trees – nature’s technology for climate proof building”
- Building and renovation solutions to meet 21st Century climate change, affordability, energy and sustainability criteria, the launch webinar
- Promoting sustainable building materials and the implications on the use of wood in buildings
- Circularity Concepts in Wood Construction
- Forest Sector Outlook Study, 2020-2040 – main report
- The outlook for the UNECE forest sector in a changing climate – a contribution to the forest sector outlook study 2020-2040
- Podcast on wood construction (forthcoming)