Primary Forest Products
These data cover roundwood, sawnwood, wood-based panels, pulp and paper for selected years. Production data for over 60 items are in volume (1000 cubic meters or metric tonnes), trade data are available in volume and value (1000 $). Geographic coverage includes over 40 countries in Europe, North America, Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Statistical annex to Forest Products Annual Market Review 2019-2020
production and trade data for 2015-2019 for main forest products showing largest producers and traders
- Forecasts for 2020-2021
production and trade forecasts, in volume, fur current and next year
- Forest Products Statistics, complete data, 2010-2014 (also in PDF)
Shows production, imports and exports, net trade, and consumption, grouped by forest product, showing all countries
for prior issues see below
- Country replies to forest sector questionnaire
- FAOSTAT (queryable forestry database)
- FAO Yearbook of Forest Products, all years since 1947
Complete data for primary products
- Complete dataset for all products and years, 1964-2018 ENG (updated August 2019). This is in a flat-file format.
Other Statistics on Forest Products
These data cover a variety of products and series.
- Prices, including historical data for 1964-2018
over 80 series from selected countries showing actual prices
- Trade Flow, showing value of trade by product group for all regions of the world and between leading countries
- Engineered Wood Products, 2016-2018
production (in volume) and trade (in volume and value) for CLT, glulam, I-beams and LVL.
- Secondary Products Trade, 2010-2014 (also in PDF )
value of trade for wooden and paper products such as furniture, joinery, ready-to-use paper
- Trade by Species, 2010-2014 (also in PDF )
roundwood and sawnwood trade in volume and value for main species
- FAO Pulp and Paper Capacity Survey, all years since 1968
- European Timber Statistics, 1913-1950
initial issue based on reporting from International Timber Committee and post-war survey.
- Forest Products Statistics
this publication provides production and trade data with two pages per product showing all countries
- Other statistical back issues prior to 2007
Links to other sources of forest products data
- Joint Forest Sector Questionnaire definitions (English, Russian)
- JFSQ questionnaire (English, Russian)
- video of FAO Forest Statistics
- a note on the JFSQ process (Feb 2020)
- a workshop on forest products statistics (Feb 2020)
- a note on 2000-2005 publications of the Timber Bulletin
- 1947 FAO Report on Conversion Factors meeting, Washington D.C.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Cooperation on forestry statistics is long-standing. It is designed to lighten the burden for reporting countries and to assist international organizations in producing consistent data.
In forest products information the Intersecretariat Working Group on Forest Sector Statistics coordinates the Joint Forest Sector Questionnaire amongst the 4 participating organizations: ECE/FAO, Eurostat, ITTO and FAO. Each of the organizations is responsible for circulating the questionnaire to those countries for which it is responsible. Results of the questionnaire are provided to the partner organizations as needed. Each organization publishes these results according to its mandate and needs. We are grateful to our partners for their dedication and cooperation in producing the best forest products statistics possible.
Forest products information for countries not available here can be found at FAO.