The objective of this expert meeting is to identify innovative ways and best practices in statistical data collection, and to provide a platform for practitioners to exchange experiences and foster collaboration in this area. In addition to the more traditional presentations, the agenda will include target-driven small group discussions on lessons learned and to identify topics for future work. Delegates will be asked to contribute to the development of internationally-coordinated work in the field of statistical data collection.
In view of the rapidly changing socioeconomic environment, there is an imminent need to develop new techniques and solutions to enhance statistical data collection. On one hand, reliable and timely data are essential to support decision making in the new normal. On the other hand, it is important to improve respondents experience under different data collection modes. The expert meeting is an opportunity to jointly address these challenges, to share experiences, and to discuss how we can leverage cutting edge ideas, approaches, and tools to enhance our data collection practices.
The programme of the meeting will consist of the following substantive topics:
- Automated Data Collection: New techniques and IT solutions to improve support and interaction with survey respondents
- Responsive Design: Leveraging data collected in the early stages of a survey to inform data collection design in the later stages
- Respondent Care: Improving the experience of respondents from initial contact through to completion of the survey
- Managing Multimode Data Collection and Integrating Sources
- Rapid Data Collection Strategies and Real Time Indicators: Filling the information gaps of the rapidly changing environment
Please visit this UNECE Statististics Wiki page for more information.