The fourth session of the Methane Mondays series was titled: “Monitoring, reporting and verification of methane emissions from coal mines. Best practices and the way forward.”
Presentations that were delivered at the workshop addressed the following matters:
- Why is MRV important?
- What are the current best methods and practices in monitoring methane emissions from coal mines (on-site, remote)?
- Examples of the existing reporting schemes:
- at the national level,
- at the international level.
- Is verification:
- Possible (how is it done in different reporting schemes)?
- Accurate and reliable?
- Can the verification process be expanded to the inventory process?