The seventh meeting of the Task Force on Water Food Energy Ecosystems Nexus will be organised in a hybrid format in the Palais des Nations, Geneva on 12 and 13 December 2022.
The meeting will aim to discuss, plan and provide guidance to the implementation of the activities on water food energy ecosystems nexus, as well as on water allocation, under the programme of work for 2022-2024 of the Water Convention. The meeting is open to experts representing governmental authorities, the private sector, non-governmental and international organizations as well as other interested stakeholders.
More specifically, the focus of the seventh meeting will be on:
1. The application of the Water Convention’s and similar approaches to transboundary nexus assessments and dialogues around the world;
2. The role of transboundary cooperation as a key to identify and implement nexus solutions and investments which in turn benefit both water management and cooperation;
3. Opportunities in water-energy cooperation in transboundary basins to advance the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
Working languages of the meeting will be English, French, Russian and Spanish.
The meeting will be followed by the Global Workshop on Source-to-sea Management on 14-16 December 2022.
Registration & Practical information:
To attend the meeting, whether virtually or in-person, please register using the following link by 10 October 2022: https://indico.un.org/event/1000668/
Kindly find some links towards instructions on:
- How to create an indico account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZuft5xQ4U
- How to register for an online meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaEj3hShn6U
For assistance with registration, please see the instructions on the meeting’s web page or contact the secretariat by e-mail [email protected]. For content-related issues regarding the meeting,
please contact by e-mail: Ms. Lucia de Strasser, [email protected].
Requests for financial support should be submitted to the UNECE Secretariat as soon as possible, but not later than 2 November 2022. No application will be accepted after this deadline.