Objectives of the meeting:
- Gain awareness and understanding of gender mainstreaming in standards;
- Discuss initiatives for standards to further contribute to gender parity and the achievement of SDG Goal 5
- Interchange of experiences around the topic;
- Develop a work plan for the group and discuss initiatives and possible deliverables
Facilitators: Raquel Lagunas, UNDP Gender Policy Senior Advisor & Lorenza Jachia, UNECE
10:00 -10:30 Opening, Ms. Jachia, Ms. Lagunas, Ms. Erogbobo
10:30 - 11:00 Introduction of participants & the Agenda
10:30 - 12:30 Analysis of standards through a gender lens
- - Why do we need to look standards through a gender lens?
- - What is a gender analysis and how to apply it to standards?
- - Example of the application of the gender analysis to standards.
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 - 14:15 Exchange of experiences around standards and gender equality initiatives: challenges and opportunities of integrating gender issues into standards work.
14:15 - 15:00 Group discussion on next steps for the group
15:00 - 16:00 Work plan