The meeting was held in person and online.
The event explored:
- Gas and the Sustainable Development Goals, air quality, and gas-powered post-COVID recovery
- International action in methane management and the next steps
- Decarbonization through synergies between gas and electricity
- Sustainable hydrogen, methane-hydrogen blending, and hydrogen gas assets readiness
- Carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS), and the role of gas infrastructure in it
The day before the session -- on 23 March -- two online side events were held – on hydrogen and on methane management. For more information, please see UNECE technical workshop: Sustainable hydrogen production in CIS countries and Oil and Gas - GMI Oil & Gas Subcommittee Meeting: Setting a Path for Ambitious Methane Action | Global Methane Initiative.
Delegates attending meetings at the Palais des Nations were requested to register online at https://indico.un.org/event/1000458 at least 2 weeks prior to the session. On the day of the meeting, delegates were requested to present themselves at least 45 minutes prior to the start time at the Pass and Identification Unit of the United Nations Office at Geneva Security and Safety Section, located at the Pregny Gate, 14, Avenue de la Paix, opposite the Red Cross Building (see the map on the Energy Division’s website) for the issuance of an identification badge. Registration was open every workday at the Pregny Gate from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The secretariat could be contacted by telephone (extension 73158).