Time: 10.30 a.m.–12.30 p.m. CEST
Languages: English, Russian
The meeting will be organized online via Zoom.
This validation workshop in Bishkek is organized by UNECE with participation of UN-Habitat and the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in the Kyrgyz Republic. It presents the intermediate outcomes of cooperation between UNECE and the city on these two projects:
- Smart Sustainable Cities for the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and the New Urban Agenda in the UNECE Region;
- Building Urban Economic Resilience during and after COVID-19.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To present the outcomes of Bishkek’s evaluation as Sustainable and Smart and share the key recommendations which will be reflected in the Bishkek City Profile;
- To present the progress on the preparation of the pilot investment project for Bishkek - the industrial centre in the Kalys-Ordo informal settlement;
- To update the city on the progress of preparing the urban economic resilience report for Bishkek and to announce the next anticipated steps;
- To introduce the work of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDDR) office in Bishkek in supporting strengthening of urban resilience.
Contact: Ms. Nadiia Yeremenko – UNECE Consultant. You can reach her via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +41-76–247-1985