This part of the workshop featured the final meeting for the UNDA project "Accountability Systems for Sustainable Forest Management in the Caucasus and Central Asia" (2016-2020), that was implemented in Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Objective of this online meeting was to review results of the project and strengthen capacity on methodologies for data collection for indicators under criteria and indicators’ sets for sustainable forest management. International and national experts presented policy briefs on relevant topics developed within the project.
This part of the workshop provided an opportunity for countries of the region to discuss implementation of the Astana Resolution, as well as explore funding options. Meeting aimed to support implementation of pledges under the Bonn Challenge to achieve the restoration of 3 million hectares in the region by 2030. It provided an overview of Forest Landscape Restoration efforts in the region, challenges caused by COVID-19 pandemic and possible solutions.
Please see the agenda for the workshop here.
The meeting was held online with the use of the platform KUDO. Please see below the useful information on KUDO:
- IT readiness (technical needs for joining)
- Best practices for participants and speakers
- Preparing for a meeting - how to join?
- Video on how to join: youtu.be/c-b_cvhQrfE
- Видео-тренинг "Присоединиться к встрече со своего компьютера" на Русском языке: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmiu2mUgiT0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=KUDO
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Roksolana Shelest at [email protected].