State of Europe's Forests, 2015
FAO Forest Resources Assessment 2015
Forest Products and Trade
(click on a product category to view related information)
- Primary Products
The TIMBER database here is from the Joint Forest Sector Questionnaire and the Timber Forecast Questionnaire.
- Selected production and trade data for 2015-2019 (statistical annex to Forest Products Annual Market Review 2019-2020)
- Complete data for 2010-2014 in PDF or XLS
- Complete database, all years, all products - ENG (data for 1964-2018)
- Country replies to questionnaire
- FAOSTAT (queryable forestry database)
- Forecasts for 2020-2021
- Secondary Products, Species Trade, Trade Flow, Prices, Engineered Wood Products and Yearbook
- Trade Flow, showing value of trade by product group for all regions and between leading countries
- Trade by Species (2010-2014) in PDF or XLS
- Secondary Products Trade (2010-2014) in PDF or XLS
- Engineered Wood Products, 2016-2018 in XLS
- Prices, including historical data from 1964-2018
- FAO Trade Flow Interactive Database
- FAO Yearbook of Forest Products, all years since 1947
There have been six Joint Wood Energy Enquiries (JWEE) carried out by the UNECE/FAO on wood energy use in the region. The results and accompanying analysis have been presented at meetings of the Joint FAO/UNECE Working Party on Forest Statistics, Economics and Management. The actual data can be found here
(click on a topic to view related information)
- Forest Resources Assessment (with FAO)
- FAO Forest Resources Assessment 2010
- FAO Forest Resources Assessment 2005
- UNECE/FAO TBFRA 2000
- State of Europe's Forests
- 2011 State of Europe's Forests
- 2007 State of Europe's Forests and national reports
- 2003 State of Europe's Forests
- Forest Fire Statistics
- Cooperation with Economies in Transition
Cooperation with Economies in Transition of Central and Eastern Europe in the Forestry and Forest Products Sector
- Data from European Forest Sector Outlook Study
Notes | Conversion factors
- Previous Issues of Forest Products Statistics
- Joint Forest Sector Questionnaire definitions (English, Russian)
- JFSQ questionnaire (English, Russian)
- FRA definitions
- video of FAO Forest Statistics
- a note on the JFSQ process (Feb 2020)
- a workshop on forest products statistics (Feb 2020)
- a note on 2000-2005 publications of the Timber Bulletin
- 1947 FAO Report on Conversion Factors meeting, Washington D.C.
- Links to useful stats
Cooperation on forestry statistics is long-standing. It is designed to lighten the burden for reporting countries and to assist international organizations in producing consistent data.
In forest products information the Intersecretariat Working Group on Forest Sector Statistics coordinates the Joint Forest Sector Questionnaire amongst the 4 participating organizations: ECE/FAO, Eurostat, ITTO and FAO. Each of the organizations is responsible for circulating the questionnaire to those countries for which it is responsible. Results of the questionnaire are provided to the partner organizations as needed. Each organization publishes these results according to its mandate and needs. We are grateful to our partners for their dedication and cooperation in producing the best forest products statistics possible.
In forest resources statistics a common questionnaire (CFRQ) is administered.
In wood energy ECE/FAO collaborates with IEA and IRENA to use the latest data and share results of their work.