Welcome to this e-learning course!
This short e-learning course aims at providing users with answers on environmental monitoring and assessment related questions and looks in particular at the interlinkages between environmental data and their use in polices.
Which questions does this course aim to address in particular?
- How can I create policies on the basis of numbers and data?
- Which of your work processes does it support?
- How can I put in value existing data in a way as to define, inspire and create policies?
- What can be your target for learning, further own research and ongoing self-guided reflection?
- How do mere data express something politically relevant, and what are best choices to make oneself understood?
How was this online course constructed?
The course aims to be self-operating and need no moderator who looks into your answers. Thus, a multiple-choice structure was selected. It offers no so-called 'correct' or 'wrong' answers but arguments for or against a selectable answer: these "3 pros and 3 cons" can be applied to your specific country's situation in self-responsible manner and should trigger your own further reflections on the theme.
For whom is this course?
This course has been developed for all interested persons and for any expert who deals with data or quantifications and might wish to upgrade and extend their skills further into definition of policy making based on their data & numbers, including suitable Sustainable Development Goals – which represent a planet-wide consensus on measurable targets.
Which are the steps I need to take to go through the course?
Just select one of the 20 questions within this 5*4 frame (5 themes with 4 levels of reflection) and decide for one of the four possible answers. Reflect the offered "3 pros and 3 cons" and go back to explore other answer options. Then select another of the 20 questions, according to your interest.