Evidence-based policies for sustainable housing and urban development in selected countries with economies in transition
Limited access of the population to affordable, healthy and energy-efficient housing and inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable cities is framed by the insufficient capacity of national governments to develop and implement evidence-based housing and urban development policies.
The project's aim is to strengthen national capacities for the development of evidence-based policies for sustainable housing and urban development in selected countries.
The project will support achieving Sustainable Development Goal 11: “Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”.
Countries project activities
- Development of the policy paper with the methodology for data collection on housing, urban development and land administration relevant to the post-2015 Agenda on cities and human settlements and country specific guidelines for the countries
- Preparation of the training materials in English and Russian on the development of evidence based sustainable urban development policies
- Organization of the national training workshops to support the development of evidence-based sustainable housing and urban development policies and national validation workshops to elaborate the national guidelines for the data collection to monitor the implementation of policies on housing, urban development and land administration.
Albania Georgia Kyrgyzstan Ukraine
Meetings and events
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 23 April 2020 - http://www.unece.org/index.php?id=53742
- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 19-20 February 2020
1. Roundtable - 19 February - https://www.unece.org/index.php?id=53637
2. Joint workshop with ESCAP - 20-21 February - https://www.unece.org/index.php?id=53639
- Minsk and Grodno, 10-11 December 2019 - https://www.unece.org/index.php?id=53226
Housing and Land Management Unit
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
E-mail: [email protected]