Documents and other material for the meeting will be uploaded here as soon as they become available.
Please note below categories of documents:
1. Pre-session documents prepared in advance for the session:
- Category I (official documents for possible action)
- Category II (official background documents, for instance reports on implementation and compliance and national implementation reports)
- Category III (other documents relevant to the agenda)
2.Intersessional documents of relevance to the agenda (also Category II)
3. In-session documents (revised during the session).
4. Post-session documents (report of the session and other adopted documents)
In order to minimize the negative environmental impact of the meetings, the following policy regarding distribution of the documents will be applied during the seventh session of the Meeting of the Parties to the Aarhus Convention (Preparatory and General Segments), the fourth session of the Meeting of the Parties to the Protocol on PRTRs (General Segment) and their Joint High-Level Segment.
To facilitate the paperless nature of the meetings, participants are requested to ensure the following:
• Each participant should bring a laptop containing basic applications, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader and updated antivirus software.
• Laptops should be pre-checked for viruses and confirmed as virus-free prior to arrival at the meetings. Virus free laptops are crucial to the success of a paperless meeting.
• Laptops should be configured for a standard wireless (Wi-Fi) connection. If in doubt, please check with your local information technology expert.
• Participants should bring an appropriate adaptor to enable laptops to be connected to power sockets in Switzerland (electrical power plugs and sockets are unique to Switzerland within the UNECE region (type J, three-pin, 230 V, 50 Hz), and respectively require an adaptor, though slim two-pin plugs (type C) will fit).
• When completing the registration form of the meetings, participants should include their proper e-mail address, so that they can receive correspondence relating to the meetings
• If you would like to bring a publication or other printed material to the attention of the delegates, please bring their “display copy” only. Please contact the secretariat aarhus.prtr-mops[at]un.org to receive further guidance on their placement.
(a) Pre-session documents
Participants should ensure that they have all pre-session documents that they require for the meetings. There will be no distribution of hard copies of the pre-session documents in the meeting rooms.
Kindly note that the Working Group of the Parties at its twenty-fifth meeting considered and approved a number of documents for their submission to the seventh session. See tabs “Meeting outcomes and report” and “In-session documents”: https://unece.org/environmental-policy/events/aarhus-convention-wgp-25
(b) In-session documents
In-session documents will be revised in track changes at meetings and projected live on screen.
The revised documents will be uploaded to this webpage (tab in-session documents) as soon as they become available.
(c) Post-session documents
Post-session documents will be uploaded to this webpage (tab post-session documents) as soon as they become available.
Statements and comments
Those delegations that wish to distribute hard copies of their statements are required to provide the UNECE secretariat with a copy prior to their distribution for further guidance.
Final text of statements delivered at the sessions will be uploaded to this web page after the meeting.