What is DETA?
- DETA is the Database for the Exchange of Type Approval documentation.
- It is currently hosted by Germany.
Access to DETA
- Access to DETA is currently limited to Contracting Parties (CP) having signed the 1958 agreement (for the time being and until this decision is revised by WP.29) and to manufacturers as approval holder. Type approval authorities having granted a type approval upload the documents to DETA. Only CP’s signatory of the respective Regulation and the respective manufacturer as approval holder get reading access to all document parts of the approval. Reading rights for the certificates will be granted by default to all Contracting Parties to the 1958 agreement.
- Only registered users get access to DETA. The Contracting Parties of the 1958 Agreement can thereto nominate a single ‘DETA Focal Point’. This DETA Focal Point shall manage the access and users accounts of the said Contracting Party. In order to get access to DETA the heads of delegation of the Contracting Parties at WP.29 shall notify the UNECE Secretariat (francois.guichard(at)un.org) with their DETA Focal Point. User name and password will then be submitted to the DETA Focal Point by the DETA Administrator.
Further information can be obtained here:
- Phone: +49 (0)461 316-1784
- Fax: +49 (0)461 314-1789
- Email: DETA(at)kba.de