To support the immediate reconstruction efforts in cities and other human settlements, the Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine has elaborated a draft framework for Plans for the Integrated Rehabilitation of Settlements (Territories). To test the approach proposed in the draft framework, the Ministry initiated pilot projects on the development of reconstruction plans in the cities of Kharkiv and Mykolaiv. The plans are expected to become a blueprint for the reconstruction of other Ukrainian cities and towns.
The objective of this project is to support the efforts of the national government of Ukraine, the city government of Mykolaiv, and international organizations engaged in rebuilding and reconstruction of the city of Mykolaiv. The UN4Mykolaiv Task Force is coordinated by UNECE and it brings together 16 United Nations agencies and programmes, and other international organizations. The UN4Mykolaiv Task Force supports the work of the city government in developing a new Master Plan for the city and its cooperation with One Works, an international design company in Milano, Italy. The Master Plan is being developed in close cooperation with Ukrainian architects and and experts. One Works provides its services to the city government pro-bono.
5 September 2022 Thematic workshop on urban transport with focus on electric urban transport
26 September 2022 - Workshop "Affordable, decent and healthy housing for Ukrainian cities"
28 September 2022 - Workshop on Housing Policies and Emergency Architecture
3-7 October 2022 Project information - presented at the 83rd session of the UNECE Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management, San Marino
18 November 2022 - Workshop “Energy-efficient buildings and progress towards carbon neutrality in Ukrainian cities”
22 November 2022 - UN4Kharkiv & UN4Mykolaiv Task Force Meeting
25 November 2022 - Promoting circularity in rebuilding Ukrainian cities
13 December 2022 - Workshop on knowledge sharing of Helsinki's experience with civil defence shelters
UN4Mykolaiv online coordination meetings between the Mykolaiv city government, UNECE and One Works take place on weekly basis. In addition, there are also weekly meetings between the international and local architects to work on the master plan.
NEWS / MEDIA
- Mykolaiv as an ideal model of reconstruction, 15 May 2023 Ukrainian (original language)
- Mykolaiv region will be restored. This is a long process, but irreversible - Deputy Head of the Mykolaiv Regional Administration, 13 May 2023 Ukrainian (original language)
- Ukraine, One Works engineers and architects ready for new Mykolaiv reconstruction phase, 3 May 2023 Italian (original language)
- The new General Plan of Mykolaiv: how the inhabitants see the post-war city, 25 April 2023 Ukrainian (original Language)
- Master Plan for Mykolaiv by One Works - reconstruction scenarios for the southern Ukrainian city, 19 April 2023 English Ukrainian
- Italian designers and British architects will team up to rebuild Mykolaiv and Kharkiv, 21 January 2023
- Rivers are also waiting for victory, 8 January 2023 (Ukrainian)
- Ukraine: UNECE and LIUC redesign the city of Mykolaiv (18 January 2023) (Italian)
- Ukraine: agreement between One Works and Mykolaiv for city reconstruction (16 December 2022) (Italian)
- Mykolaiv is working on pilot projects in five strategic areas of post-war development (17 November 2022) (Ukrainian)
- Mykolaiv participates in the international project on the reconstruction of Ukrainian cities (11 November 2022) (Ukrainian)
- The General Plan is the key for the future", Deputy Architect of Mykolaiv on what and how will be restored in the city (news.pm)
- Executive Secretary visits Kyiv to discuss UNECE support to Ukraine reconstruction (13 October 2022)
- UNECE continues to mobilise international architects to help Ukrainian cities build back better (19 August 2022)
- "Building Back Better: A new vision for Mykolaiv" - an article on the development of the city of Mykolaiv master plan, Domus Air Journal (in English and Ukrainian)
- TEDxTalk: "Building back better together", Ana Paez, Project Manager of the Mykolaiv master plan